Friday 5 October 2012

My strange addiction - terrariums

So there's a TV show called 'My Strange Addiction' where you find people being addicted to all sorts of weird things like eating chalk, pulling out their own hair to a and extreme tanning (think flourescent orange). Well I believe I've developed my own strange addiction - making terrariums! 

Firstly, I've been weasling glass jars from friends and random places. Even coffee jars that are in current use I will worm into my possession by tipping the left over coffee into a takeaway container and running off with the precious vessel. Apologies to my work colleagues, I hope you'll understand and support me through this tough time.

Secondly, I've been spending all my extra time and thinking power into developing new concepts for my terrariums and most of them work out though there is the odd one I have to walk away from and clear my thoughts before re-working it. It's all part of the creative process I guess.

Hopefully my market stall will be happening Sunday 28th October at Bondi Beach markets, I've put in my application and am nervously awaiting to see if we've snagged a place. I'm super excited and even if I don't sell a single thing (though I hope this won't be the case), it's still a chance get out there and have a chat to some people and gauge people's responses to my craft. On the whole I've had really positive reviews so far, thanks guys!

I've been busy as a bee working on these:













In addition to my terrariums, the market stall will have my friend Nancy's wares as well which include handmade brooches and mini pegs made from felt. Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment